This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
The accounting assistant is responsible for a variety of accounting and administrative functions and provides support to the financial manager and other staff. Tasks include data entry and maintenance of financial information in Quickbooks and Salesforce; weekly deposits and regular cash handling; admin support tasks and errands; event support; special projects; communication and interaction with a variety of individuals and groups.
Key Responsibilities Detail
· Enter accounts payable and accounts receivable in Quickbooks
· Heavy use of spreadsheets to track various financial items
· Handling incoming money, weekly deposits, preparing change for markets & events
· Grant tracking and reporting assistance
· Managing daily credit card transactions and communicating with payers
· Handling petty cash accounts
· Reconciliation of credit card & petty cash accounts
· Assistance with inventory maintenance and tracking in Quickbooks
· Board of Director updates
· Assisting with HR functions including prepping new hire packets and processing paperwork
· Grant file creation & filing
· Event and outreach support
· Attention to detail and typing accuracy essential, with a typing speed of 50 WPM or higher
· Excel spreadsheet skills necessary · Good communication skills and phone etiquette necessary
· Easy to work with and comfortable in an open office setting
· Bookkeeping, cashiering, money handling experience necessary
· Familiarity with Quickbooks necessary
· Knowledge of Salesforce a huge plus
· Proof reading skills a plus
· Knowledge of Word mail merge a plus
· Experience/desire to work in the non-profit sector helpful
· Knowledge of design and layout software a plus
Hours and Compensation This is part time position with the potential to increase to full time. Will occasionally require working evenings and weekends. Hourly wage based on experience. 401k, paid holidays, paid time off and farm produce provided. If position becomes full time, medical, vision, dental insurance also provided.
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10th.