This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references to email@example.com by August 18, 2017 for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Annual Fund Manager supports Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services’ (SFBFS) digital and direct mail fundraising efforts and monthly giving program, aimed at acquiring, cultivating and retaining annual fund donors under $2,500. The Annual Fund Manager, part of the Development team, is collaborative in major gift efforts and other joint fundraising efforts and strategies. This position supports the Director of Development to execute, manage and produce a complex schedule of annual fund direct mail and online communications.
The Annual Fund Manager will:
• Cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of annual fund donors/prospects
• Provide support in the development and implementation of donor upgrade and cultivation strategies in collaboration with the Director of Development
• Act as main liaison with direct mail vendor; responsible for the timely production of a comprehensive schedule of upgrades, renewal and acquisition mailings. Responsibilities include coordinating the production calendar, facilitating the review process, and keeping projects on schedule and within budget
• Manage SFBFS’ monthly giving program and oversee SFBFS’ employee giving campaign
• Support the Director of Development with the planning and implementation of two annual donor stewardship events
• Supervise Development staff
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel
• 4+ years fund development experience, database management experience
• Strong commitment to donor-focused fundraising strategies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Prior supervisory or leadership experience preferred
• Professional demeanor, flexible, and able to respond to multiple demands
• Able to work independently as well as in a team
• Full-time, exempt position; Monday – Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
• SFBFS’ Oak Park (Family Services) campus location
• Comprehensive benefits