Applicants must e-mail resume, cover letter, SFBFS employment application (which includes three professional references) to email@example.com by August 31, 2017 for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers 15 diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for recording and reporting financial information related to SFBFS’ business activities. The Bookkeeper will maintain employer’s financial records and data in accordance with GAAP standards. The Bookkeeper assists with all facets of accounting, budgeting, internal controls, accounting information systems, banking relationships along with credit and data processing. The position requires performing functions of A/P, A/R, payroll, financial analysis and cash management and banking functions.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the following tasks (inclusive of and not limited to):
• Receiving data for entry into the accounting system, such as income, expenses, returned checks, bank charges and labor hours/codes. Record information into the accounting system and maintain a manual file system to store the hard-copy documents after entry into the record keeping system
• Accounting functions including accounts payable, vendor maintenance, accounts receivable, banking deposits and partner agencies’ monthly statements and point of contact
• Prepare and process full cycle payroll; including reconciling, reporting and entering of data into QuickBooks
• Developing detailed reports on a periodic basis for employer regarding income, expenses, taxes and other reports as needed and ad hock reports
• Supporting Accountant and Senior Accountant with research, compiling relevant documentation needed for various accounting functions, assist with month end close and audits
• Maintaining grant documentation and apply allocations as needed • Review and correct monthly GL’s as instructed by Senior VP of Business Operations & Finance
• Maintaining files and orderliness of overall Accounting Department
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Additional course work in accounting or business-related studies is preferred
• Minimum of three years of accounting experience; non-profit accounting experience desired
• Prior experience with a variety of staff accountant or bookkeeper tasks
• Intermediate knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Good written, oral and organizational skills
• Full time, non-exempt position; Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and holidays
• Comprehensive benefits
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.