Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS employment application (which includes three professional references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2018 for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The CalFresh Outreach Coordinator is responsible for overseeing Partner Agencies participating in SFBFS’ CalFresh incentive, prescreens potential CalFresh participants and provides application assistance for eligible participants in Sacramento County.
The is responsible for the following tasks:
- Oversee all elements of CalFresh incentive coordination, Partner Agency staff/volunteer training
- Prescreen potential CalFresh participants and provide application assistance at various sites in Sacramento County and over the phone
- Conduct presentations to clients and Partner Agencies staff/volunteers; assist with development of presentation tools
- Assist with training for volunteers, interns and other community professionals working with low income clients on accessing and applying for CalFresh benefits
- Assist with CalFresh outreach tracking and the completion of reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance, required
- Bilingual Russian/English and/or Hmong/English and/or Farsi/English · Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Capacity to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and strong organizational skills, detail-oriented · Ability to work independently, maintaining high level of confidentiality at all times
- Ability to represent SFBFS in a favorable light to other organizations, donors, clients and the public
- Knowledge of local community service agencies and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to speak effectively before diverse groups of people
- Ability to frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Full time, non-exempt hourly position; Tuesday through Saturday; occasional weekends and holidays
- Work off-site during fundraising events
- Comprehensive benefits available
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.