Applicants must include resume, cover letter, design portfolio and SFBFS’ Employment Application which includes 3 professional references (found at https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment/employment application) on www.sacramentofoodbank.org to email@example.com by July 21, 2017 for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Communications Coordinator works with the Communications and Development team to support the fundraising efforts and general messaging of Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS). The Communications Coordinator, under the supervision of the Communications Manager, works on both internal and external communications for SFBFS, including graphic design, strategic communications planning, marketing, Web site maintenance, social media and other duties as assigned.
The is responsible for the following:
- Implements SFBFS’ communication strategy through activities that promote, enhance and protect SFBFS’ brand reputation, including consistent messaging
- Designs SFBFS’ varied and integrated communications products and services including brochures, annual report, e-newsletters and other marketing collateral
- Maintains SFBFS and Run to Feed the Hungry Web sites, e-newsletters, social media and other online communication
- Compiles and distributes SFBFS’ weekly internal memo
- Writes 2-3 blogs per month
- Works with the Communications and Development team to support fundraising events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design, communications, marketing, business or related fields
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience creating cohesive designs and messaging that reflect an organization’s overall brand identity, cultures and goals
- Knowledge of Web site development platforms such as WordPress and Squarespace preferred
- Knowledgeable and creative with utilization of social media and new media technologies
- 2+ years of experience in planning and producing marketing literature and other publications
- Energetic, flexible, positive, collaborative and proactive
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with staff members and work independently with very little supervision
- Full time, hourly position; Monday through Friday with occasional weekends, evenings and holidays
- Comprehensive benefits available
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.