Applicants must e-mail resume, cover letter, SFBFS employment application (* *found here:https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment )* *consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers 14 diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Communications Intern will use their specialized talents and critical analysis to help promote the protection of the nutritional safety net for Sacramento County. Under the guidance of the VP of Marketing & Communications, the Communications Intern will contribute to and implement SFBFS’ communications strategy related to advocacy. The individual will be responsible for producing content for SFBFS’ Web site, social media, collateral and other platforms as necessary. The successful candidate will be adept at communicating through multiple mediums including persuasive prose, basic graphic design, photography, videography and digital media. The Communications Intern will play a key role in creating a base of food bank advocates and establishing SFBFS as Sacramento’s leading authority on hunger relief.
The Communications Intern will (inclusive of and not limited to):
- Assist the VP of Marketing & Communications in the implementation of SFBFS’ communications plan as it pertains to
- Develop messages that elevate SFBFS’ brand and public policy
- Promote SFBFS through organic and paid tactics to increase brand awareness, drive web traffic and expand online constituency (including e-mail subscribers and donors) with regards to
- Raise SFBFS’ profile through new communications vehicles and consistent messaging that uplifts SFBFS’ unique organizational voice and expertise in the field of hunger
- Create attention-grabbing and on-brand content and materials for advocacy and communications
- Create online content (including video and social media) that engages different audiences to lead to measurable action and
- Monitor, evaluate and report regularly on performance of social media accounts and their impact on organization and team-wide goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+years of relevant professional experience or coursework in design/communications
- Strong written communication skills for various campaigns, platforms and audiences, with the ability to synthesize information quickly and communicate complex topics to various audiences
- Experience writing digital marketing pieces, publications, blog posts, press releases,
- Experience creating visually appealing graphics, flyers, memes, and filming/editing videos
- Experience with measuring and reporting on social media
- Knowledge of news and digital trends and tactics, with the ability to mobilize audience participation and
- Part-time (grant funded/STE), non-exempt position; 15 hours per week, Monday through Friday
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.