Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Director of Development is responsible for leading Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services’ (SFBFS) contributed revenue program and fundraising efforts. The Director of Development will focus on strategically growing contributed revenue, building the major gifts program and deepening community engagement. The Development Director leads the development team and works closely with the President/CEO. The Director of Development works with the VP of Communications & Marketing to manage strategic communications planning, marketing, public relations as it relates to fundraising efforts.
The Director of Development will:
• Develop a comprehensive, strategic plan for growing contributed revenue. Create an annual plan that identifies strategies and tactics for increasing giving, providing effective donor stewardship, increasing donor retention, attracting new donors and deepening community engagement.
• Supervise the development team and guide workflow
• Partner with the VP of Communications, President and Board of Directors to ensure an integrated approach to development and communications.
• Oversee the implementation of the development program, including major gifts and legacy giving, foundations, corporations, special events, digital fundraising and direct mail.
• Develop metrics to guide the development team in analyzing the effectiveness of fund raising strategies, activities and tactics.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors (individuals, foundations and corporations).
• Ensure that the development department maintains high standards for donor engagement, development systems and procedures and performs its work with the highest level of ethics and integrity.
• Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, business or related fields
• Visionary and creative leadership in development with an outstanding record of accomplishment.
• 5+ years knowledge and best practices in all key areas of development
• Superior analytic, strategic and organizational skills, coupled with integrity, judgment and discretion
• Ability to manage and partner with high-level fund raising volunteers
• Full-time, exempt position; Monday – Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
• SFBFS’ Family Services campus location, with frequent travel to Food Bank Services campus
• Comprehensive benefits
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references to email@example.com by March 16, 2018 for consideration. No phone calls please.
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.