Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (Found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
POSITION DESCRIPTION The Class C Driver is responsible for managing and collecting daily donations from grocery stores, wholesalers, farmers and individual corporate donors that are participating in donation drives in a timely fashion. In addition, drivers work in assisting with maintaining cleanliness and organization of warehouses and vehicle fleet.
· Drive SFBFS vehicles to accomplish all donation pick-ups, product deliveries and food drive barrel delivery/pick-up
· Use material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) in a safe manner to perform all daily warehouse duties: receiving, storage, agency order pulling, salvage, produce sorting and receiving
· Maintain relationships between SFBFS and partner agencies, grocery stores and all other personnel
· Compile weights for all items picked up on grocery routes and additional pickups and complete proper paperwork for inventory of items
· Sort, organize and restock items in designated area in warehouse and coolers
· Adhere to proper standards regarding product quality, dating and rotation on trucks and in warehouse
· Monitor equipment condition and maintain equipment logs; fill out vehicle log sheets
· Assist with organization and cleanliness of warehouses and vehicle fleet
· Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Possession and maintenance of a clean California Class C driver’s license
· One year of route driving experience in 24ft – 26ft refrigerated and dry cargo box truck with liftgate and one year of previous warehouse experience including: inventory/order picking, safe operation of forklifts, pallet jacks, other warehouse equipment, heavy lifting and other related warehouse tasks
· Proven track record of dependability with an impeccable safety and attendance record
· Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job (occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs., moving pallets up to 2,000 lbs., etc.)
· Professional demeanor, flexible, and able to respond to multiple demands
- Full time, hourly position; Tuesday-Saturday 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.; occasional Mondays and holidays as needed
- Position is based in North Sacramento in a warehouse, on the road and sitting
- Health, vision, dental and retirement benefits available
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.