This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (Found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Class A Driver is responsible for managing and collecting daily donations from grocery stores, wholesalers, farmers and individual corporate donors that are participating in donation drives in a timely fashion. In addition, drivers work in assisting with maintaining cleanliness and organization of warehouses and vehicle fleet.
The Class A Driver will:
• Drive SFBFS vehicles to accomplish all donation pick-ups, product deliveries and food drive barrel delivery/pick-up
• Use material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) in a safe manner to perform all daily warehouse duties: receiving, storage, agency order pulling, salvage, produce sorting and receiving
• Maintain relationships between SFBFS and partner agencies, grocery stores and all other personnel
• Compile weights for all items picked up on grocery routes and additional pickups and complete proper paperwork for inventory of items
• Sort, organize and restock items in designated area in warehouse and coolers
• Adhere to proper standards regarding product quality, dating, and rotation on trucks and in warehouse
• Monitor equipment condition and maintain equipment logs; fill out vehicle log sheets
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Possession and maintenance of a clean California Class A driver’s license
• One year of route driving experience with any of the following: tandem axel drive tractor, 10 speed transmission, 48ft – 53ft refrigerated and dry van trailers, 24ft – 26ft refrigerated and dry cargo box truck with liftgate
• Previous warehouse experience including: inventory/order picking, safe operation of forklifts, pallet jacks, other warehouse equipment, heavy lifting and other related warehouse tasks
• Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job (occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs., moving pallets up to 2,000 lbs., etc.)
• Professional demeanor, flexible, and able to respond to multiple demands and proven track record of dependability with an impeccable safety and attendance record
• Full time, hourly position; Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.; occasional weekends and holidays
• Position is based in North Sacramento in a warehouse, on the road and sitting
• Health, vision, dental and retirement benefits available