Applicants must e-mail resume, cover letter, SFBFS employment application which includes 3 professional references) to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Food Access Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing our Food for Seniors efforts. Food for Seniors aims to increase the consumption of healthy foods among Sacramento County residents who are 60 years old and older. The ideal candidate is passionate about SFBFS’ mission and is ready to help lead our community to better health.
The Food Access Program Coordinator is responsible for the following tasks (inclusive of and not limited to):
• Oversee program logistics for SFBFS’ Food for Seniors efforts. This includes:
o Developing and maintaining relationships with existing partners and cultivating partnerships with additional senior-serving organizations
o Serving as a liaison between program funder, operational staff and Partner Agencies facilitating Food for Seniors distributions
o Supporting other Food for Seniors staff to oversee inventory control, product packing and transportation logistics
o Training Partner Agencies on program requirements and conducting distribution site visits to ensure program compliance
o Facilitating Food for Seniors direct food distributions
o Tracking and managing program activities, client data and statistics
o Collaborating with the Food Access Programs Assistant Manager on the evaluation of program activities and completing monthly reports
• Represent SFBFS at meetings and presentations related to the Food for Seniors program
• Participate in community outreach events and assist with other SFBFS programs and activities, as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related work experience in program implementation and management
• Bilingual English/Spanish desired
• Leadership skills, detail-oriented and excellent decision-making abilities
• Reliable transportation and a valid California driver’s license and insurance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
• Passion for nutrition and/or food access issues
• Full time, non-exempt hourly position; Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and holidays
• Comprehensive benefits
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.