Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references to email@example.com for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Food Access Transportation and Logistics Assistant works with the Food Access Programs team to implement the organization’s Produce for All and No Student Left Hungary efforts. This Food Access Transportation and Logistics Assistant plays a critical role in the team by performing warehouse duties, transporting product, providing volunteer oversight, and facilitating distributions.
· Oversee the transportation and logistics for SFBFS’ Produce for All and No Student Left Hungry distributions
· Overseeing the packing of produce by volunteers
· Picking, palletizing and staging products in advance of delivery as well as creating invoices for orders
· Delivering (or coordinating with the Transportation team) for No Student Left Hungry deliveries Loading, delivering, setting up, facilitating, and cleaning up Produce for All distributions
· Maintaining accurate driver logs and overseeing the cleanliness and maintenance of vehicles used for implementation
· Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License or has ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License
· One year of route driving experience in 24-26ft refrigerated or dry cargo box truck preferably with liftgate · Forklift certified; or complete employer forklift certification within first 90 days of employment
· Experience managing volunteers of all ages and abilities-preferred
· One year of previous warehouse experience including inventory/order picking, pallet jacks and other related warehouse-preferred · Fluency in a second language-preferred
· Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday – Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
· SFBFS’ Food Bank Services campus location
· Comprehensive benefits
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.