This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org
The objective of this position is to provide assistance in all areas of the warehouse with respect to shipping, receiving, organizing, sorting and inventorying all items; food and nonfood. Secondary duties involve equipment maintenance, supporting special events and attending distributions when necessary.
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the following tasks:
· Provide excellent customer service on dock when pulling, verifying and supervising loading of agency vehicles of all agency orders
· Receive donations, stock and pull product accurately, rotate product and ship while keeping accurate log entries in the company database
· Follow procedures pertaining to proper handling of receipts /inventory documentation
· Maintain the warehouse, freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, ensuring access to products and proper rotation
· Assist route drivers by assessing the condition of donations they pick up, placing acceptable products in proper storage and immediately discarding all unacceptable product
· Operate warehouse equipment in a safe manner including forklifts and pallet jacks · Comply with all health regulations and other laws that govern food handling
· Other duties as assigned
· Knowledge of:
o Basic computer programs and data entry requirements
o Food safety principles, practices and regulations
o Warehouse operations and Inventory management
· Ability to:
o Work harmoniously with other SFBFS staff and independently with very little supervision
o Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle and operate motor equipment
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
· High standards of grooming and personal appearance
· Outgoing personality, leadership skills and excellent decision making abilities.
- Shipping and receiving
- Operating pallet jacks
- Loading trucks
- Work off-site during fundraising events
- Hours variable, nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Position is based in North Sacramento in an office and warehouse setting
· Health, vision, dental and retirement benefits available
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and SFBFS’ Employment Application (found on http://www.sacramentofoodbank.org under Employment) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2017 for consideration. No phone calls please.