This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Lettuce Compost! On saturday Oct. 8th learn how to recycle yard waste, fruit and vegetable scraps and other organic materials into a valuable soil amendment right in your own yard. Worm Fancy will also be on hand to demonstrate vermicomposting (composting with worms) and a seasonal gardening topic will be discussed.
- Location: Southside Community Garden
- Time: 8 to 10am
- Directions & More Info Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1949671191926353/
All attendees will receive a backyard composting guide. Free coffee will be provided courtesy of Starbucks. GEOBIN Compost Bins will be on sale for $10 (City residents only and must attend seminar to receive special offer – limited to one per household while supplies last)
At the seminar you will learn:
- How composting works
- What materials you should and should not compost
- Getting the right balance of food, air and moisture
- Maintaining your compost pile
- Vermicomposting (composting with worms) And more…
There are two sessions: 8-9am 9-10am