This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Applicants must submit resume, cover, SFBFS’ employment application (located at- www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment/) which should include 3 professional references by April 28, 2017 for consideration.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Food Bank Services Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties at the Food Bank Services campus in order to ensure that administrative offices and the warehouse(s) are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.Maintaining these responsibilities will help to ensure the health, safety and security of the organization and public visitors/volunteers:
- Clean and care for administrative buildings, warehouse(s) and facilities in order to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner in accordance with Cal/OSHA regulation and compliance
- Clean offices, meeting rooms, restrooms, break rooms and communal areas in the administrative/warehouse buildings
- Mop tile and concrete floor areas, vacuum all carpeted areas and dust all furniture and fixtures as required
- Sweep/mop and disinfect all bathroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, dispensers, fixtures and clean all mirror Replenish toilet tissue seat covers and soap as needed maintain bathroom log sheets for accurate supply inventory
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans in administrative building and facility, changing can liners including taking trash out to dumpster area
- Dump all garbage into outside dumpsters, thoroughly clean around all dumpsters to ensure no debris or food is left in vicinity
- Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of debris, cans, paper, leaves etc.
- Responsible for washing bins and maintaining the cleanliness and order of the bin washing station and drain
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs to Facility & Equipment Manager and online
- Report damages and acts of vandalism immediately to supervisor
- Spot clean walls and toilet partitions
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of:
- Standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System g. S.D.S (Safety Data Sheets)
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products including (SDS)
- Food safety principles, practices, and regulations
- Warehouse operations
- Inventory management
- Ability to:
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Team building, decision making skills, problem solving skills, effective verbal and listening communications skills and time management skills
- Represent SFBFS in a favorable light to the public
- Work harmoniously with other employees and volunteers
- Respond to unanticipated events, critical thinking a must
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, identify colors, write, count, read, speak, analyze, alphabetize, repetitively lift and carry up to 40 lbs., perceive depth, operate a motor vehicle, and operate motorized equipment e.g. lift-trucks , pallet jacks
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High standards of grooming and personal appearance
- Outgoing personality
- Leadership skills and excellent decision making abilities
- Location: Warehouse, administrative offices and outside on facility grounds
- Typical schedule is 19.5 hours a week: Part-time (5 hrs/week)
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 7 m. – 11 a.m. and Friday, 7 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Some nights, weekends and holidays as required to support SFBFS’ mission
No phone calls please.