This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Let’s save and share the persimmons this season! Each year 1000’s of persimmon trees ripen each. A tremendous amount of this precious, premium fruit (multiple varieties) never gets shared or eaten. What a waste! But on the flipside a SWEET opportunity to eat, to learn and to get neighborly with each other!
INSPIRED REQUEST: This year lettuce all hop on the persimmon sharing train and make the most of this valuable fruit
- Are You Craving Persimmons? If you want persimmons simply message us below and you’ll get on the persimmon list. Or you can make a public wanted alert on CropMobster letting folks know that you are on the hunt for persimmons. Please be specific as to quantity, variety and any other need you have.
- Got Persimmons to Share? If you have persimmons growing on your property and going unused you can make a free, gleaning, trade or even sale alert on CropMobster.
Here is a great list of resources on persimmons including how they grow, varieties, recipes and more. Enjoy!
- Culinary Persimmons by University of California Master Gardeners
- Food of the Gods by Shannon Springmeyer in California Bountiful Magazine
- Persimmon Facts by California Rare Fruit Growers
- Hoshigaki & Persimmons by Otow Orchard (Granite Bay, CA)