No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse services and programs at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Managing Attorney of Immigration Legal Services oversees all Immigration Legal Services components. The Managing Attorney is responsible for administering the program, supervising staff and volunteers, managing an independent caseload, community education on immigration issues, and developing community partnerships.
The is responsible for the following tasks:
· Develop and maintain partnerships with faith-based organizations, local law schools, consulates and social service providers
· Administration of Immigration Legal Services
o Continue development and implementation of office policies and procedures including appointment scheduling, record keeping, fee scale and accounting
o Manage various grants to ensure deliverables are met
· Maintain a working budget based on fees for service and grants supervision of staff
o Ensure DOJ Accredited Representatives competently handle cases and maintain well-documented files
o Recruit, train and manage law student interns and volunteers
o Ensure that all staff maintain competency in immigration law, which includes identifying on-going training needs
o Conduct consultations to determine eligibility for relief
o Represent clients before USCIS and prepare applications for family-based immigration, adjustment of status, consular processing, DACA, U Visas, VAWA and T Visas, among others
o Represent clients in bond, detained and non-detained removal proceedings
· Community Outreach
o Conduct naturalization group processing events
o Conduct community presentations on immigrant rights and immigration law
· Attorney; membership in the California State Bar preferred, other states accepted
· Two or more years of immigration experience, with at least one year of management experience
· Competency to serve clients from a variety of cultures and Spanish and English language proficient (both written and oral)
• Full time, exempt hourly position; Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and holidays
• Comprehensive benefits
Send A Message
You must be logged in to message traders. Please login to contact the alert owner.