This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Property Tax Incentives to be Presented at Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone Pre-Application Workshop
The City of Sacramento Community Development Department will host a pre‐application workshop to provide information on how to apply for property tax incentives intended to promote urban agriculture, as provided by the City’s Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone Ordinance.
- Workshop Topic: How to Apply for an Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone Contract
- Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2016
- Time: 6:00‐7:00 p.m.
- Location: Community Development Department, 300 Richards Blvd., 2nd Floor, Conference Room 221
Background: The City’s Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone Ordinance allows property owners to enter into contract with the City to reduce their property taxes in exchange for a commitment to restrict the use of vacant, unimproved, or otherwise blighted land to small‐scale agricultural production.
The deadline for submitting applications for Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone Contracts is Tuesday, November 1, 2016 until 3:15 p.m. The purpose of this meeting is to provide information on how to apply.
Key topics to be covered:
• Eligibility criteria
• The Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone Application process
• How to prepare an application
• The terms of the contract
• Schedule and deadlines
Learn more by visiting the Tax Incentives for Urban Agriculture page online.
Contact Associate Planner Helen Selph at [email protected] or 916.808.7852 for more information.