This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application( found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references for consideration.No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Volunteer Services Assistant Manager works with the Director of Volunteer Services & Community Engagement to recruit, train, retain and recognize volunteers, with a focus on the volunteers at SFBFS’ Food Bank Services campus. He or she will plan and oversee the volunteer activities of groups as well as individuals.The Volunteer Services Assistant Manager will:
- Manage volunteer activities at the Food Bank Services campus, including, but not limited to, the following:
-Greet, tour and supervise daily volunteer groups and individuals.-Lead Saturday volunteer activities and orientations on occasion.-Work with staff to identify volunteer needs, coordinate volunteers and develop processes and procedures to accomplish goals * Supervise one employee, the Volunteer Services Assistant.
- Develop and implement methods of volunteer recruitment, screening, placement, retention and recognition for volunteers at Food Bank Services campus
- Track/report volunteer hours, including timesheets for interns, court-mandated and students
- Management of AmeriCorps NCCC team(s) during holiday season
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and coordination for large events
- Book volunteer groups and manage group volunteering calendar
- Answer general inquiries (phone, e-mail) regarding volunteering
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social science, business or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of volunteer coordination or related experience
- Microsoft Office 2016: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Outstanding public speaking skills and writing skills
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday-Friday; occasional weekends (several Saturdays per year) and holidays as needed; SFBFS’ Food Bank Services campus location
- Comprehensive benefits