This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Are you an urban farmer growing food for sale or other distribution in your community? This special one-day workshop is designed to guide urban farmers through common food safety principles and challenges.
Cost: $20 for a full day of speakers, networking, lunch and refreshments!
Participants will learn:
- California laws related to community food producers and food safety;
- How to develop a Food Safety Plan;
- How to assess and minimize risk of contamination on the farm, including discussion of water sources, rainwater catchment, animal husbandry, wildlife intrusion and use of manure and compost;
- Sanitation and post-harvest handling;
- Best practices for poultry management;
- Worker health and hygiene.
This is the fourth in a series of four Sacramento County workshops that will be held on 3/16, 4/6, 4/14, and 5/4, covering additional urban agriculture topics.
Translation available with advance request. Learn more: http://ucanr.edu/sites/UrbanAg/