This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Are you an urban farmer navigating the rules and regulations related to growing and selling food? A gardener who is thinking of selling some of your produce? A school or non-profit organization involved in farming? This workshop is for you!
- Explore the challenges and opportunities of urban agriculture with experienced Sacramento-area farmers.
- Learn about Sacramento’s Urban Agriculture zoning laws.
- Find out what permits and licenses urban farmers need to sell produce, eggs, and other products.
- Learn about important designations including Certified Organic, Cottage Food Producer, and more.
- Meet staff from local agencies that are key resources for local farmers, including the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office, the Department of Public Health and UCCE
- Get a preview of what’s on the horizon for urban farmers. Find out what’s happening with policy in the local urban agriculture movement, and how to get involved.
The cost is $20, which includes a resource packet, refreshments, and lunch. Pre-registration is required. Register now at http://ucanr.edu/sacurbanag2018
This is the second in a series of four Sacramento/Davis region workshops that will be held on 3/16, 4/6, 4/14, and 5/4, covering additional urban agriculture topics.
More information: http://ucanr.edu/sites/UrbanAg/