This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Location: Fruit Ridge community Collaborative, 4625 44th Street, Room11 (Across the street from Yisrael Family Farm)
Event Details Are you an urban farmer learning the ins and outs of growing and harvesting crops? This special one-day workshop is designed to guide urban farmers through common production challenges. Participants will learn to:
- Improve soil quality for healthier crops;
- Use the tenets of IPM (Integrated Pest Management) to identify and manage insect pests;
- Keep weeds from taking off and taking over;
- Use water more efficiently on the farm.
- Learn about care for pollinators
The cost is $20, which includes a resource packet, refreshments, and lunch. Pre-registration is required. Space is limited, so reserve your spot now! Register now at http://ucanr.edu/sacurbanag2018
This is the third in a series of four Sacramento County workshops that will be held on 3/16, 4/6, 4/14, and 5/4, covering additional urban agriculture topics.
Learn more: http://ucanr.edu/sites/UrbanAg/