This alert has been closed and is no longer available.
Yolo Food Bank’s Yolo Grown program increases access to and consumption of Yolo County grown fresh produce among food-insecure Yolo County residents by building a network of partnerships with local farms and seed companies. The Yolo Grown program currently partners with over 30 farms and contract grows donated produce on over 45 acres. Through the Yolo Grown program, food bank clients receive higher quality, more diverse and culturally relevant produce throughout the year.
Yolo Grown Internship
May 1st, 2018 – October 1st 2018
$12 per hour, 12 hours per week
1244 Fortna Avenue, Woodland, CA and at farms throughout Yolo County
- Support the development and expansion of partnerships with local farmers and seed companies
- Train volunteers on harvesting best practices
- Organize and lead harvest events at local farms and seed companies
- Develop marketing tools to support volunteer and farm recruitment for Yolo Grown program
- Other tasks as assigned
- Pursuing higher education in related field.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds in addition to frequent squatting, bending, walking, etc.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions, often over 100°F.
- Passionate about food justice and fresh food access in local food systems.
- Experience working in farming/agriculture preferred.
- Apply by April 2nd at 5pm.
To apply, please send Resume and Cover Letter detailing why you think you are a good fit for this internship and why you are passionate about the Yolo Grown program to Liz Blum, firstname.lastname@example.org.